Customize Identify Window

11-04-2010 07:58 AM
RonSimmons
New Contributor II

It would be good if we were able to customize the "identify" window for each feature.  First, it would be nice if the window could be sized individually for each feature. Some, with large fields, would be best viewed in a landscape mode across the bottom or top of your screen.  Some, having very short fields, would be less obtrusive in portrait mode to one side of the screen. 
I would also like to be able to edit the viewable fields in the Identify window--similar process to establishing a legend in layout view.  There are usually only 2 to 5 fields that I really want to see and I would like to be able to select those for viewing in the identify window.

Tags (1)
4 Comments
RonSimmons

I probably shouldn't have used the term "edit" for the viewable fields.  While that might be a desirable function, I only meant to be able to include/exclude the fields of my choosing in the identify window--the same way a legend is created..

DanaNolan
Yes. That is essentially what the HTML popup is (though you have to struggle with XSL).
FossiG_
It would be nice, if there would be a optional section in the identify dialog with hooks to ArcObjects add-ins - an area where you could put custom UI elements into using add-ins. I'm thinking of a possibility to add a button which passes the values of one or more selected fields as startup parameters to another application. *originated from this thread in the ArcObjects forum:* http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/26868-ArcMap-Addin-to-identify-point-and-read-custom-attribute-from...
DanielBrenner

I have something roughly similar in ArcGIS 10.5:

Once I identify a point, I would like to zoom into the point automatically, and once I do, have the Identify window dock to a position on the monitor so that I can actually SEE what it is I am identifying, instead of having to move it from being on top of the feature.  

Another thing I'd like to do is customize the Identify window so that X amount of attributes for a layer are in one "field" and the other set of attributes are in the next "field" over.   This would be similar to the Fields tab in the Properties for any layer 

If there is a way to attach my illustrations to show what it is I am referring to I would love to hear it.

Thanks,

Daniel B