Custom scale

06-15-2021 01:05 PM
Labels (1)
MarcelSt-Germain
Occasional Contributor III

In a project with multiple maps and layout it's time consuming to need to customize the scale menu many times.

Why not, in a project, make the scale we add accessible in all place.  If it's a good reason to do so, at least leave a checkbox or something to make it apply everywhere in the project.

6 Comments
KoryKramer
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

Hi @MarcelSt-Germain 

Have you tried using the Set as default button?

KoryKramer_0-1623790193544.png

See the simple scale list in my image.  If I set that as my default, when I add a new map to the project, those are the scales that are made available:

KoryKramer_1-1623790265495.png

I can make different scale lists available for different maps, but if I ever want to set a map to use the default scale, do that from the Load > User profile Default Scales:

KoryKramer_2-1623790382539.png

And now I have my defaults.  Those will also be the scales honored when working with the corresponding maps in a layout.  Scenes work the same way with the difference being that they use Standard Heights as opposed to Standard Scales, but the behavior is the same: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/mapping/navigation/map-scales-and-scale-properties.htm

Does using Set as Default/Load>User Profile Default Scales work for you, or was there something else you were looking for from this idea?

MarcelSt-Germain

Oups, no, for me default was to recover between project not inside a project.  I will give a try.  Thanks.

KoryKramer
KoryKramer

Hi @MarcelSt-Germain does using Set As Default work for you?

Let us know and if so we'll mark this idea as Already Offered.

Thank you

MarcelSt-Germain

Have to try it when I will have time.

Ok it's working.  Thanks.  Why not, when set as default, making automatically the loading of it instead having to change the Load setting?