Copy as Python Snippet without running tool

05-08-2013 07:41 AM
Labels (1)
KevinMayall
Occasional Contributor III

In the geoprocessing results window, you can right-click on a result and select Copy as Python Snippet.  This is very handy when writing python automation scripts. Rather than go through the process of executing the tool, it would be great if Copy as Python Snippet were available as a button at the bottom of the tool window.  You open a tool window, enter the parameters, then before you hit Ok to begin tool execution, you could just copy the python code and paste it into your script with all the parameters intact.

5 Comments
SeanSweeney
SQL Server Management Studio does this in many of its dialog boxes (Script Action to Clipboard) and it is incredibly useful.
curtvprice
Such a button would only become active when the validation was successful (along with the OK button).
mattwilkie
I would prefer the proposed button be active at all times, but color or something should change to indicate when the parameters are valid.
KevinMayall

Implemented in Pro 2.8.  

https://youtu.be/i66t17evFFI?t=75

KoryKramer
Status changed to: Implemented

YES!  And shown in the Ideas in ArcGIS Pro 2.8 video here (3:58)

Since Pro 2.8 is scheduled to release today we were going to post the wrap-up blog for the release as well as work through all of the ideas that are included and mark those Implemented.  You gave me a reason to get a head start 😉

Thank you!

EDIT: See the blog at Ideas in ArcGIS Pro 2.8