Control of Key Label numbering table

03-21-2013 09:07 AM
Labels (1)
RicaSaporta
New Contributor III

Hello,
Labeling using Key Numbering works well, there is no cotrol to how the numbered list appears on your layout. I think we should be able to configure
- if the Key Numbering list should be split-up or displayed as one list for all Numberd Lables on the page
- the appearance of the Key Numbering list box.
For example, we are currenlty working with a map book in Production Mapping, and the Key Label list is split up all over the place and hard to find. It would be so much better is we could set the Key Labels to appear as a single list in a defined location on the layout with a transparent backgroud to help read it.

would love to hear comments from others on this

rica

5 Comments
CourtneyMoore
Even the ability to change display properties on the Key Numbering would be helpful.  Possibly display properties like legends have, where users could specify borders or a background color or whitewash background.
peartds
I would like to change the line spacing when using Key Numbering.
AdamForknall
the ability to reposition the key numbering list would also be useful
KamogaDouglas

You mean to date this suggestion has never been addressed! I'm struggling with the cluttered key number lists and I can find a solution  10 years later.

KeithAddison1

Currently if you use key numbering for labels, Pro automatically chooses the location it will put the key. (ie. 1 = blah, 2= yadda etc), which usually means somewhere it gets in the way of other things.  The work around is to convert it to annotation then move it, but that has its own irritations when the attributes feeding the labels change.  It'd be nice if we could tell Pro where we want the key to go.