Consolidate the ArcGIS Javascript API Geocoder Search and Suggestion databases.

12-09-2015 11:30 AM
Labels (1)
CameronDykeman
New Contributor II

Right now the World Geocode Service which runs the ArcGIS Javascript API Geocoder widget uses different databases for it's Search and Suggestion functions.
This results in discrpencies when attempting to reuse the results returned by the Suggestion function as the parameter for a Search function, specifically when dealing with non-standard address types such as "The White House, 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue".
These address types contain both a leading feature ("The White House") and a traditional address ("
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue") which confuses the Search function.

For example, if I search for "The White House" then "The White House, 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue" is provided as a suggestion by the Geocoder widget.
If I save "The White House, 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue" to a database or some kind of storage and then attempt to enter "The White House, 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue" back into the geocoder to perform a search at a later time then the geocoder will not find the location due to the address containing both a feature ("The White House") and a physical address ("1600 Pennsylvania Avenue").
If I remove "The White House" from the search then "1600 Pennsylvania Avenue" is located without issue.

I should be able to use the full address "
The White House, 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue" as suggested by the widget when searching via the widget.

1 Comment
BradNiemand
Status changed to: Implemented

This has been addressed.