Compare Replica Schema Geoprocessing Tool In ArcGIS Pro

11-10-2020 12:48 PM
Labels (1)
AdamDorn
New Contributor II

The Compare Replica Schema Geoprocessing Tool should be included in ArcGIS Pro.  This is an important geoprocessing tool for making geodatabase replication sustainable once we transition away from ArcMap.  It is hard to transition away from ArcMap when key tools are not included in ArcGIS Pro.

10 Comments
StéphaneRobertson

Very important for us to have it in Pro

RichardThériault

For our organization. This feature  is very important for us to have it in Pro

ZacharyHart

How is it possible this hasn't been implemented yet?! Am i going to have to install ArcMap just so I can make schema changes between replicas!?

We're approaching a version 3.0 of Pro and the fact this kind of GDB maintenance hasn't been implemented yet makes me extremely wary of the direction Esri is going in. Similar to the lack of support for Database Servers (Workgroup & Desktop on SQL Express).

I can't help but think that Esri is walking away from this technology and it would sure be great to have at least some foresight into this.

sholmes_c3

It's pretty remarkable this has not been implemented in Pro or at least I can't find it in 2.9.3.  This really needs to be added to Pro, and soon. Esri wonders why more people haven't jumped to Pro and a lack of full functionality is a reason.  I really like Pro, but this kind of thing drives me nuts.

Raj-Chavada

This is super frustrating. Please Please add this functionality in the next release. We can't use GDB replication if we don't have the tools to manage them.

SSWoodward
Status changed to: In Product Plan

MatthewStull1

I will also say that this is a must have for Pro.  Just do it please!

SSWoodward

Thank you all for the comments and @AdamDorn for the original idea.  

In the coming release of ArcGIS Pro 3.1, we've expanded the tools available for replication by including the compare replica schema geoprocessing tool, along with other replication geoprocessing tools.  For more information, check out the blog linked below!

Link - Geodatabase Replication Enhancements in ArcGIS Pro 3.1

SSWoodward
Status changed to: Implemented

This functionality has been implemented for ArcGIS Pro 3.1

AmeliaBradshaw

This Idea has been implemented in ArcGIS Pro 3.1. Please see the What's New documentation for more new features in Pro 3.1.

The Ideas in ArcGIS Pro 3.1 blog will be wrapped up soon, highlighting all Ideas implemented in this release, including this one. Once complete, I will add the link to this comment.