Bring Edit Button from Desktop to Pro

06-17-2019 01:00 PM
Labels (1)
New Contributor II

Running ArcPro 2.2.0, worked/working in Water & Gas Utilities. 

Apologies if this idea has been added to newer iterations of Pro.

As someone who has done a lot of digitizing in ArcGIS for Desktop, I'd like to see the "Edit" button be brought back to ArcPro. To be honest as a GIS Technician, I never used the regular "Select" tool except by accident, I also preferred to used the Edit button for selecting features.

The "Edit" button just streamlines of the digitizing processes such as being able to:

1. Select and move a feature with one tool
  2. Double Click to start editing Vertices

The extra button clicks in Pro ("Move," "Vertices," etc...) makes it clunky and cumbersome to select and edit features.

This tool if there's any confusion of what tool I'm speaking about.

Thank you!

4 Comments

I agree with this. Modeling in Pro is much more cumbersome, frustrating, and time consuming than editing features in ArcMap. I actually have been doing almost all of my modeling and editing work at the asset package level and then creating new utility networks because of it.

I actually do not agree.

I think the task of telling Arc which layer to edit was cumbersome.

Setting this in the contents pane is so much easier.

What i would really appreciate however are user defined keyboard shortcuts which let me chose the editing function. now that would be useful.

user defined keyboard shortcuts which let me chose the editing function

Have you tried setting up accelerators? Customize the ribbon options—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

I made a little video a couple of days ago for another post... it shows how to set up an accelerator for the Clear selection button, but you can set up accelerators for the editing commands you use most: Clear Selection accelerator