Autosave on ArcGIS Modelbuilder

06-05-2019 10:18 AM
Labels (1)
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I cannot tell you how many times modelbuilder has crashed and I have lost a couple of hours because modelbuilder crashed arcpro. PLEASE incorporate autosave into modelbuilder as this is the bane of my existence. 

Tags (2)
5 Comments
DuncanHornby

I think this is a good idea as I too have fallen foul to ArcPro suddenly crashing and I've lost all my work in model builder. Question is how would they implement it? I think if you are building a model from scratch it would be a great but if I was say revisiting an old model maybe looking into tweaking it and it goes and overwrites with an auto save then it's changed it when I did not want it changed... 

May be it should be an option you have to turn on in every session?

ColeAndrews

Duncan Hornby good point, we don't want to auto-update old models that's we're just looking at.  This happens in sharepoint for us. I open a public excel document just to review what's in it, and it updates to show as "last updated one minute ago by Cole". Hate that.

SMehta
by

Hello, 
Auto Save for Model is in our current product plan and is being worked on. 
Please could you share your model and some repro steps for us to reproduce the crash? It would greatly help us fix the issue. 

Thanks!

KoryKramer
Status changed to: In Product Plan

KoryKramer
Status changed to: Implemented

This is implemented in ArcGIS Pro 2.9.  See Ideas in ArcGIS Pro 2.9 and go directly to 1:54 in the video for a quick demo.