Auto-Disable Inference when using Traverse

11-02-2022 11:05 AM
Labels (1)
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I have found (the hard way, of course,) that having the Inference tool active while using the Traverse tool causes the application to slow down considerably.

I watched the tasks log in the Diagnostic Monitor, and it appears that when a new segment is added, Pro attempts to generate inferences for every segment of the traverse, one by one. For short traverses, it's negligible. For long traverses, this extra time really starts to add up, to the point that I was waiting whole minutes between entering a new segment and being able to enter the next.

If possible, I'd suggest that the Inference tool somehow be disabled or suppressed when the Traverse tool is active.

2 Comments
Scott_Harris

@jcarlson I'm curious, when you encounter this performance issue does turning off other layers in the map make a difference? I'm not suggesting this as a solution, I'm just trying to understand what you're seeing.

jcarlson

Hi @Scott_Harris , I was editing with only a single layer on, digitizing lot lines for a subdivision. Following a ROW edge with lots of curves, my traverse quickly grew to be dozens of lines long. I think it was more to do with the number of lines.