ArcMap Automatically Zooms to the Next Record

05-02-2012 11:30 AM
MichaelDunzello
New Contributor II
You are tasked with visually inspecting 15,000 records and making a note once it’s inspected.  What if, instead of zooming to the next record by existing methods, ArcMap automatically zooms to the next record for you.  Here’s how it could work.  You enter inspection mode and set up a configuration in the Inspection Manager.  You signify that the inspection is completed by entering info in the field  you designated in the Inspection Manager.  ArcMap then automatically selects the next record in the table that needs to be inspected and zooms to it.  This would save a great deal of time and remove a significant number of repetitive clicks.
Tags (1)
1 Comment
JenniferBorlick
I like this idea. What I typically do is open the attribute table and double-click to zoom, then I scroll down. If I delete a feature though, it throws everything off and I have to guess at where I've been. It would be nice to have a progrmmatic way of going through one record at a time and have it keep track of whether or not you've already looked at a feature.