ArcMap 10.1's small errors in displaying Khmer Unicode

04-10-2012 03:29 PM
VehaLa
by
New Contributor II
It seems that ArcGIS dees not support Khmer Unicode even its latest stable version 10.0 while most of the program.

0EM30000000CztA

However, ArcMap 10.1 has been significantly improve to support such complex characters although there are still some wrong spaces and overlapping characters.

0EM30000000CztB

The is strange is all parts of ArcMap's interface (such as Table of Content, Attribute Table,...) could properly display those Khmer words and characters except for the Map Display Area. Why could this happen in the same application? How to make Map Display Area shows Khmer Unicode characters properly like its other parts?
9 Comments
keovinasun
yes It should be fixed !
RoeumSela
yes It should be fixed....
VehaLa
by
I tried to think and think but I still don't understand why Map and Layout controls can't just built and work like other controls (TOC, Table,..). Could anyone help to explain this?

Thanks
sokkhuochsrong
yes it should be updated fixed !!!!!!
ChanpheakdeyLong
It  shall be fixed!
SophalRos
Yes it must be fix
SeilaNhiep
I have notified this error. Therefore i hope the problem will be solved by the global integrity conceptions from ESRI side to help display Khmer language like others properly.

lochkalyan
@@
UngVises
 ArcMap 10.1, there are still some wrong spaces and overlapping characters, if we use khmer unicode in text or layer in table of content. But the big problem is using khmer unicode in attribute table, all the letters become question mark.