ArcGIS Pro Update Raster Field with Python

03-27-2019 01:41 PM
Labels (1)
JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

I have a directory full of JPGs which need to go in a raster field of a feature class table. You can do this manually by adding raster datasets as attributes in a feature class. But I guess there is no automated way to do it, and automation speaks for itself. Using a cursor to do this is not supported.

3 Comments
aliBaniasadi

hi a have a raster file i add or delete some pixel on it but attribute table spataily count file is fix and no changed when i add or delete pixel from it excumes me my english is not good may be help me 

HannesZiegler
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

Hi @JaredPilbeam2, thank you for submitting an idea!

We offer the Add Attachments and Remove Attachments tools for this purpose, both of which can be used to automate workflows with Python scripts. However, if you have a specific scripting workflow in mind where these tools may not meet your needs, I'd like to understand it better. If you are willing to share more, please elaborate on your requirements and I'll investigate.

HannesZiegler
Status changed to: Closed

Thank you for contributing your idea of adding a programmatic way for adding raster data as attributes to a Featureclass (i.e. to a raster field in the table). At this time, we no longer consider raster fields good practice and are moving away from the concept in favor of Attachment Tables as described in my previous response. Please look at Attachment tables for fulfilling your needs when relating raster data to records in a table. 

I am closing this idea. This means that the idea is no longer being considered at this time and will not be open to further voting. 

Thank you again for your contribution!