ArcGIS Pro Smart Spatial Reference System

05-04-2018 01:51 PM
TimMinter
Occasional Contributor III

ArcMap has a time-saving feature where if you specify a geodatabase feature dataset as the output location for geoprocessing tools that output feature classes, then the software would automatically project the incoming data to the spatial reference system defined for the feature dataset.

I've blown a couple of hours trying to figure out how to get ArcGIS Pro 2.1.2 to behave this way.  At the moment, it looks as if I have to manually assign the desired output spatial reference system each and every time no matter what.

It would be great if ArcGIS Pro would behave similarly to ArcMap when targeting GP tool output feature classes to geodatabase feature datasets.

1 Comment
KoryKramer

Tim Minter I don't understand. When I export a feature class to a feature dataset, it is stored with the spatial reference of the feature dataset.  Anything in that feature dataset must be given the fd's spatial reference.

Just to be sure, I tried in Pro 2.1 and 2.2.  Are you still seeing this happening (in Pro 2.1.2)?  Can you provide specific steps and screenshots?  Thanks