Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro Select by Attribute show ALL values

11-27-2019 11:19 AM
Labels (1)
HeatherScroggins
Occasional Contributor II

I've recently been using Pro more and more just to get comfortable with. And there is a major quirk that I just discovered.

In ArcMap, when you Select by Attribute and get unique values it will show you ALL values in that field. Even ones that aren't in the domain. This is highly handy as it's a quick way to see if there is incorrect data. In the image below, you can see that ArcMap shows two values ('ABS' and 'ASM') that are in the data but not in the domain.

By comparison, Pro only shows you values that are in the domain.When looking at the list I would have no idea that those two values are in my data. And yes, I can build the SQL expression manually if I know the values are there, but what if I don't?

Having the Select by Attribute list ALL values not matter if they were in the domain or not was VERY helpful and I wish that Pro would follow ArcMap's example. 

43 Comments
TanuHoque
Status changed to: Implemented

This Idea has been implemented in ArcGIS Pro 3.2. Please see the What's New documentation for more new features in Pro 3.2.

The Your Ideas in ArcGIS Pro 3.2 blog and video have been posted to the Esri Community blog. You can take a look at these to see your idea and all others that were implemented in this release of ArcGIS Pro.

TanuHoque_0-1700179543270.png

KarenShaw

TanuHoque (Esri),

Thanks for update on it being implemented. Your screenshot was very helpful on how select Show all values option. 

I've updated to ArcGIS Pro 3.2 . Now the Select by Attribute works better with the "includes the values(s)" Query (also Known as "IN" statements in SQL).

The radio button drop down list of values options works fine and Toggling between Query and SQL works well for the includes value(s) statements now.

Thanks for every Esri GIS Programmer who worked on this and resolved this issue! 😊

Temp.png

TanuHoque

Thank you @KarenShaw for upgrading to 3.2 and checking this out.

We are very glad that you've found this helpful.