ArcGIS Pro_Remove connection

01-07-2019 12:07 AM
HaythamSuleiman
New Contributor II

Hello everyone,

My problem in ArcGIS Pro:

If a connection to a table that has a definition query is deleted, then no more features of that layer will be displayed.

(DE: Wenn eine Verbindung zu einer Tabelle gelöscht wird auf die eine Definitionsabfrage besteht, dann werden keine Feature des betreffenden Layers mehr angezeigt.)

Tags (1)
10 Comments
KoryKramer

Hi Haytham Suleiman‌ 

Can you provide some clarification on the issue here?  

You have a layer with a definition query.

What is the source of the layer?  Feature class/standalone table (from file gdb, enterprise gdb, ...), shapefile/standalone table in folder...  

What connection are you removing?  Project connection to a database?  Project connection to a folder?

Is the behavior specific to having a definition query applied to the layer?

I just added a layer to a map in Pro (from a file gdb through a folder connection), applied a definition query to the layer, then removed the folder connection - the layer remains in the map.  

Please provide more details, maybe with some screenshots so that we can understand the issue.

Thanks

HaythamSuleiman

Hi Kory Kramer ,

* The source of the layer ist from gdb, connected to sql database. 

Attribute table:

After Removing the connection to sql datebase:

and the Attribute table is empty and error message appears:

The behavior happens, when a difinition query is applied to the layer.

lg

KoryKramer

Thank you for the details. Is that a built-in geoprocessing tool?  Can you send me the link to the tool's web help?

Thanks

MichaelVolz

Are you removing the connection to the SQL database in the Pro project?

HaythamSuleiman

No it's not a built-in geoprocessing tool. I don't know what u mean with "the link to the tool's web help?"

sorry

HaythamSuleiman
Yes exactly...
MichaelVolz

Does the same phenomenon occur if you do not have a definition query applied to this layer?  Can you try this test?

HaythamSuleiman

the phenomen occurs when a definition query is applied to this level.

KoryKramer

I think it would be good to investigate this further through a Support case.  

I added the Fires layer from a SQL database and then applied a definition query to the layer.

Then I removed the connection to the database in the Catalog Pane and the layer doesn't disappear:

It seems like for now, this would have been more appropriate for the ArcGIS Pro‌ or Geodatabase‌ spaces rather than Ideas.

KoryKramer
Status changed to: Closed