Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro "Export Map Styles" for bulk saving of symbols

02-24-2020 02:04 PM
Labels (1)
WillyLynch2
Regular Contributor

In ArcGIS Pro, individual symbol and style elements can be saved but there does not appear to be a tool for bulk "exporting" or "saving" of symbols.  See help- https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/mapping/layer-properties/save-symbols-in-styles.htm

ArcMap has the “Export Map Styles” via customize > tools > export map style. This is very handy for exporting all symbols in a layer or map to a new style.  

Something similar in ArcGIS Pro would be good.

34 Comments
JenniferLang

I would love to be able to bulk export styles in ArcGIS Pro. I would be great to have parity with ArcMap regarding this functionality.

TonyKelly

Hi,

Has this progressed any further yet ?   If it has, could someone please point me in the right direction.

If it hasn't I would love to see this tool in ArcPro !!   It's been requested for a while now by the looks of this thread so how about it ESRI 🙂

KoryKramer
Status changed to: In Product Plan

Hi @TonyKelly Yes! This is now planned for ArcGIS Pro 3.2 which should be available in Oct/November. You'll be able to bulk save project items to a new style.

KoryKramer_0-1692881584332.png

Levon_H

@KoryKramer  Thanks for the info!  But will we be able to apply this symbology to our AGOL hosted feature layers?  

TonyKelly

Thank you @KoryKramer 

That is great news !

WillyLynch3

Yes indeed. Awesome News.  Looking forward to AGP 3.2 and these tools.  This will make sharing symbology much better and like we had with Desktop.

NIck_WGNHS

Fantastic, glad to hear this, @KoryKramer!  This will speed up our cartographic workflows.

CathyAppleton

@KoryKramer    Thank you for the update!   That is great news!!

WillyLynch3

This is now available in the released ArcGIS Pro 3.2- watch the What's New session-- 

What's New in ArcGIS Pro 3.2 | Esri Training Seminar (FREE)

KoryKramer
Status changed to: Implemented

This Idea has been implemented in ArcGIS Pro 3.2. Please see the What's New documentation for more new features in Pro 3.2.

The Your Ideas in ArcGIS Pro 3.2 blog and video have been posted to the Esri Community blog. You can take a look at these to see your idea and all others that were implemented in this release of ArcGIS Pro.