ArcGIS Pro Portal My groups categorisation

12-16-2020 02:36 PM
Labels (1)
StagiaireCarto
New Contributor II

Display the different subgroups in the Portal (in catalog pane) in My Group as it is in AGOL. Instead of displaying all layers without any subgroups.

StagiaireCarto_0-1608158085782.png

4 Comments
NaicongLi
Status changed to: In Product Plan

Hi StagiaireCarto,

Thank your for your feedback!  I am assuming that, by subgroups under My Groups, you meant the Categories filter which need to appear in the Filter drop down in the Catalog pane when you are in a group on the portal.  This capability will be in the next release. 

KoryKramer
Status changed to: Implemented

Implemented in ArcGIS Pro 2.8.

See Ideas in ArcGIS Pro 2.8 and (2:31) in the video.

NiekGoorman1

Hi @NaicongLi @KoryKramer ,

Can I request that this functionality is expanded? At the moment the 'Categories' filter only shows under Catalog --> My Organisation, but as soon as you go to the 'Groups' pane and enter a group, you can no longer filter by category. As my organisation keeps all its authoritative layers in one group, this would come in really handy. Thank you.

KoryKramer

@NiekGoorman1 I think we'd need this one first before Pro could "consume" that behavior: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-online-ideas/ability-to-filter-items-by-categories-within/idi-p... I'd recommend adding your kudos and use case to that idea.

Thank you!