Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro measure tool - option to turn off the summary of measured values

05-13-2021 01:10 PM
Labels (1)
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am using ArcGIS Pro 2.7.3. I would like if there was an option to turn off the listing of summary measured values in the measure tool window. I don't need this functionality and it just makes the window larger (and in my way) and makes me have to hit Clear Results all the time.

I could see needing the functionality, maybe, some day. But in that case I would like the option to turn it on. Thanks!

From the Measure tool documentation https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/mapping/navigation/measure.htm 

"The measure overlay window lists a summary of measured values and includes a net direction angle and distance value.

Press Esc anytime during the sketch to cancel a measure to start over, or click Clear Results Clear Results to completely clear and reset the measurement results."

7 Comments
ZFFEC
by

I agree 100%. For my work, I never need to see a summary list of the measured values. As I make additional measurements the window continues to grow and obscure my view of the map until I get annoyed enough to clear the measurement summary window. Rinse/repeat continuously. It would also be nice to be able to dock the measurement window somewhere other than within the map view.

graeme_hill

Agree, I think the measurement tools need more work, it seems to bog down and become slow after 5 measurements or so, especially the area measurement, press clear and the performance is back to normal, not ram related as I have plenty possibly related to taking up the available screen height and scroll bars. Pressing clear all the time is just extra mouse movements my wrist does not need.

AndreaB_

OP here

IamAG
by

I agree with all the above.  I also want to emphasize the ability to dock the measuring tool somewhere OFF the map window would be very nice.

KoryKramer
Status changed to: In Product Plan

KoryKramer
Status changed to: Implemented

This is implemented in ArcGIS Pro 3.3. See Your Ideas in ArcGIS Pro 3.3 for a full list of all user ideas you can look forward to! And be sure to check out the release blog and what’s new help topic and video to learn more about all the new features and functionality in the release.

AndreaB_

Thanks @KoryKramer !