ArcGIS PRO Layout Text Improvement

01-30-2019 10:16 AM
Labels (1)
SeanHlousek
Occasional Contributor III

It would be helpful if Text elements added to a layout be more descriptive than "Text 1, Text 2, Text 3,". 

I'd like if each element had the first word or two or, if possible, the full text  element so for example:

• My Maps Title is:  "Competitor Leases in Permian Basin Area of Interest".  Instead of the TOC Text showing "Text 1",  It might show "Competitor Leases..."  
  • Another Text element in my layout is my company's address. Instead of "Text 2" in the TOC, It Might be "123 5th St...
  • Another Text element in my maps Layout is "Area of Interest" which is above an inset map. Instead of the TOC Text showing "Text 3", It' Might show, "Area of..." 

This would make selecting and editing specific text elements more user friendly.

3 Comments
TomBole

Hi Sean, 

Thanks for the idea. 

You can view the actual text of the element by hovering the mouse over the text element in the Contents pane. The string is shown in the hover tip.

Screenshot.png

Not exactly what you're looking for, but hopefully something that can help.

Tom 

KassieKM

I agree. This is how text layers are handled in Adobe products, like Illustrator. It would save time and make layout edits much easier if Pro had something similar.

wayfaringrob

This is a much needed improvement for productivity.