ArcGIS Pro functions for map services

04-22-2020 01:30 AM
Labels (1)
AdolfŠikola
New Contributor II

I believe that ArcGIS Pro should also include features for managing map services such as:

• stopping map service
  • starting map service
  • restart map service
  • delete map service
47 Comments
JohanLagerkvist

I totally agree with @ethangranger1 

MarkSmith

I added to this post some time ago about my amazement that Pro was missing the same functionality that existed in ArcCatalog.  Having now used Pro to publish my services, the publishing options appear to be missing the ability to define the service recycling time and the service timeout values.  This means after publishing a new service from Pro to ArcGIS Server, I then have to open Server Manager, edit the service I've just published in order to set these values and cause the service to restart as it saves.  I've just published 60 services on my new 11.1 ArcGIS Server and it's not been a fun process going into Server Manager after each publish to set some extra values.  Why is this missing from Pro, this was a simple thing in ArcMap?  If you can do it from Pro at the time of publishing and I've missed it, then it's very well hidden.

RandyKreuziger1

I'm going to miss this year's UC but those who go should go down to the ArcGIS Server island/desk and push the point.  The UC is an opportunity to engage with some of the top ESRI people who probably aren't following this thread and consider their decision a done deal.  Also, there is the Closing Session. 

RandyKreuziger1

Having upgraded to AGS 11.1 we can not longer manage Map Services through ArcCatalog.  This means we can no longer quickly stop and start map services.  This really sucks.  ESRI, please add this ArcCatalog functionality to ArcGIS Pro!

Those following this thread and going to the UC consider stopping by the appropriate ESRI area and pleading our case 🙂

Waan
by

We're well past the three-year mark on this Idea and it's still marked as "Open". Administering our map/feature/etc. services via the Server Manager webpage is clearly ponderous and time-consuming relative to the capabilities we had with ArcCatalog.

Esri, what's the status on this Idea? Why is it still marked as "Open"?

CWKAdmin

Did anyone get some feedback from Esri at the UC on this issue?

ChelseaRozek

I'd like this to be built into Pro 'cause I have to keep stopping a service to edit its attribute rules.