Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro Functionality Matrix

05-14-2020 07:51 AM
Labels (1)
SimonColeman1
New Contributor II

Esri creates (or created) an ArcGIS Desktop Functionality Matrix. There's an example here for ArcGIS 10.6.

You could use it to help decide which licence level you want to request, use, or buy.

I propose Esri provides an ArcGIS Pro Functionaility Matrix, for the same reasons the Desktop one is produced. It doesn't need to be PDF from my perspective.

19 Comments
KoryKramer

Hi @SusannaSaari for the most part, your licensing level requirements likely wouldn't change between ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro. i.e. if you have Standard licenses because you work with enterprise geodatabases, or mosaic datasets (as a couple common examples) you will continue to need Standard licenses in Pro. Same for any geoprocessing tool requirements that you have - if you currently maintain advanced licenses for geoprocessing workflows, those licensing levels on tools haven't changed between ArcMap and Pro. 

As stated above, the license level documentation will be improved with the release of 3.1 and any specific questions about tool license levels can be found in the toolbox licensing topics (example: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/tool-reference/analysis/analysis-toolbox-license.htm) Hope this helps.

SimonSchütte_ct

There is this nice, but limited matrix from Esri Belux:
https://esribelux.com/helpdeskitem/what-license-level-of-arcgis-desktop-pro-do-i-need-to-do-this-or-...

Finally, there is an enhancement logged for this request: ENH-000129307
Title: Provide functionality matrix documentation for ArcGIS Pro

You can ask your Esri support contact to add you to the enhancement to give it more traction.

tiztrain

@KoryKramer with 3.1 released, have we seen an update to the documentation?

Also agreed with everyone here. Need the comparison Matrix to understand when purchasing another license and making it obvious would make the decision easier, especially with documenting the difference between basic and standard.

You can always buy the cheapest one and then bump up as required but some companies plan their budgets year/s in advance so you need to understanding which one you need right from the start especially if buying multiple licenses. Just makes it easier to make more informed decisions.

SimonSchütte_ct

@KoryKramer I´ve noticed there has been put some work into the topic within the past months, which is great!

Could you please compile all lists like Analysis toolbox licensing—ArcGIS Pro | DocumentationCartography toolbox licensing—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation,... + others in one big and complete functionality matrix and provide it in Excel and PDF format? This would be great, really helpful and would close this idea.

SimonSchütte_ct

Thank you, this is great🎉 

NinaCehak

A big kudos to this thread thankyou all.

@KoryKramer in response to your second point mentioned here: ArcGIS Pro Functionality Matrix - Esri Community, consider gis analysts needing to use Append tool with full functionality available with Advanced licensing. How will being bumped down to standard license affect us? Will we loose field mapping, the ability to parallel process and append several layers at once? 

I cannot find anything esri documentation that will confirm or deny this behaviour. 
Not here, Append (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation
nor here ArcGIS Pro license levels—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Cheers,

NC

SimonSchütte_ct

@NinaCehak As you can see in the ArcGIS Pro Functionality Levels (Geoprocessing Tool) or Data management toolbox licensing—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation, the Append (Data Management Toolbox) functionality is the same in both ArcGIS Pro Advanced and Standard with the same functionality.