ArcGIS Pro : Apply Color scheme on selected symbols

11-03-2019 04:32 PM
Labels (1)
JérémiePedoia
New Contributor III

Please, implement the ability to apply a color scheme on selected symbols in ArcGIS Pro as it is possible in ArcMap. This capability is realy time saving in number of cases.

In ArcGIS Pro, the selection is not supported when applying a color scheme, it goes for all symbols.

Thank you.

11 Comments
DuncanHornby

A great idea! I use this technique in ArcMap all the time so would be very useful in ArcPro.

PeteJordan

You can apply colors to selected features in Arc Pro.  Just highlight the features you want and then right-click to pick the color.  What is missing though is the ability to change the line styles by selecting specific ones.  That is something that I have yet to figure out how to do in Pro besides creating a style for each one...

ArcPro Colorsd

JérémiePedoia

Hi Pete,

Sure you can do that, but you cannot apply a color scheme, from red to blue for example.

Thank you for you message.

PeteJordan

Yeah you're right, that too needs to be added as a functionality.  I was thinking there was a button in that right-click menu that allowed that, but yeah you're correct there isn't...

EdiePunt
Status changed to: Under Consideration

LangeNovak

As is possible in ArcMap, I often easily symbolize by unique values, but apply various color schemes for different groups of the data to highlight some more than others.  This is not easily be done in ArcGIS Pro - seems like it would be a fairly common workflow to quickly make certain data values "pop".

Please incorporate.

KoryKramer

Hi @LangeNovak   I merged your idea with this existing idea.  Please make sure to add your vote to this one by giving it kudos.

Thank you.

JeremyDavies

+1 on this idea! I really miss this capability in Pro-- I did this all the time in Desktop.

KoryKramer
Status changed to: In Product Plan

JohannaKraus2

@KoryKramer This is fantastic!