ArcGIS Pro 2.4.2: Exporting Data tool from map service is not available

10-21-2019 12:48 PM
Labels (1)
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 2.4.2: Exporting Data tool from map service is not available,

For example, in QGIS, there is a simple way to export data from map service. Why such tool is not available neither in ArcMap not in ArcGIS Pro

10 Comments
KoryKramer

That image shows you're exporting from a feature service.

JamalNUMAN

The service doesn’t need to be “feature service” in order to be exported. Try it with any service of your choice, and you will be finding out that it is possible to export the data.

Here you go some service

https://arcserverg.paltel.ps/adaptor/rest/services

KoryKramer

OK, but when I export from the map services you sent, I only get raster formats as an export option (in QGIS).  Which makes sense to me because it is a map service

I was just saying that in your first images, you are showing an option of exporting to shapefile, but that doesn't appear to be an option directly from a map service. 

In ArcGIS Pro, you can export the map image as a raster format as well.  It isn't from a right-click on the layer, rather from the Export option in the ribbon.

JamalNUMAN

At the end of the day, in QGIS, one can export the map service as shp file. This appears not to be available in ArcPro

The “export map” has no option to export the service as shp file

What do you think?

ThomasColson

In a rare act, I'm going to go with "Already Offered" on this one...

If you add the "numbered" layer from a map service, you can export it. Example, add data from path, add URL, use https://domain.com/veg/rest/services/GRSM_EXOTICS/MapServer/0, right click on layer in TOC, Export....

In addition, this also allows you to change the symbology. 

Note the difference here: I'm not adding the SERVICE, I'm adding a LAYER from the service, even if the service only  has one layer. 

Probably not entire efficient, but making it work the other way I suspect would involve significant changes to the REST API. 

JamalNUMAN

Many thanks tpcolson for the input. This is very useful.

Correct. I could export data from the service layer in Pro (is this possible in ArcMap?). However, this is not generic. ArcPro fails to do so in many cases.

If you try the link below, you will be finding out that the ArcPro fails to export the marked service layer. What could be the issue?

https://arcserverg.paltel.ps/adaptor/rest/services

JamalNUMAN

Not sure in which cases the Pro fails to export the map service data!

JamalNUMAN

this appears not to be resolved even in 2.9.2

Clip_701.jpgClip_702.jpg

TanuHoque
Status changed to: In Product Plan

TanuHoque
Status changed to: Implemented

This Idea has been implemented in ArcGIS Pro 3.2. Please see the What's New documentation for more new features in Pro 3.2.

The Your Ideas in ArcGIS Pro 3.2 blog and video have been posted to the Esri Community blog. You can take a look at these to see your idea and all others that were implemented in this release of ArcGIS Pro.

TanuHoque_3-1700180320982.png

TanuHoque_2-1700180311790.png