APRX Doctor

05-08-2017 01:46 AM
Labels (1)
MichaelKelly
Occasional Contributor III

**This idea is being submitted on behalf of an Esri Ireland customer**

It would be great if there were an equivalent to MXD Doctor for ArcGIS Pro projects. As ArcGIS Pro projects can contain multiple maps and layouts, they can become quite complex in comparison to MXD Documents. Therefore, if an APRX becomes corrupted, you are likely to lose more work. An option to repair these would be very useful.

'Recovery Mode' like in Microsoft Office could also provide an alternative.

17 Comments
AroldoRocha

Hi everyone!
I solved the problem as follows.
I created a new map and copied my layers to it; So I created a new layout, just like the previous one.
So I managed to share the layout to PDF without error.
There was the displeasure of not being able to understand what happened. Therefore, I reiterate the need for an alternative such as "MXD Doctor" for the Pro, which allows for a diagnosis and possible correction.

Thanks.

GregWyatt

I agree we need an APRX doctor, and not just for corruption. If ARC things are misbehaving, part of my debug process sometimes includes running the MDX Doctor on the file experiencing issues. If that solves the problem, I'm good. If that doesn't solve the problem I know I have more work to do.  Without some way to eliminate file corruption as the problem, I have a harder time focusing on the true problem.

JTessier

@KoryKramerany chance this will be on a roadmap soon, this has been open with perhaps a substantial number of kudos for a few years now.  Thanks!

StephanieLong1

@MichaelKelly @KoryKramer 

Any news on this being implemented?

JoshVan_Kylen

We recently experienced a power outage and now we can't open my coworker's project. It gives the "Failed to open Project ...This project was saved using a newer version of ArcGIS Pro : ." but I am running the latest version 3.0.3.  We've opened a ticket, but an ARPX Doctor would be nice for this situation. 

MatthewRyan2

We had an issue converting to ArcGIS Pro from ArcMap where the query layers would not work. 

By "Not Work" I mean - The layers would fail analyse for a web service and the "where clause" could not be changed without an error. 

Adding that^ layer in a new map, fixed the problem. Adding the layers again also fixes the problem. They just need to be reconfigured and all that again. Though that maybe some project file diagnostics could help out? Anyway,  that's why I came looking.

JoabelBarbieri

We definitely need an APRX doctor. Aprx get corrupted more often than MXDs due to ArcGIS PRO crashes and forced kills as it becomes unresponsible all the time !