Analyze Pane for ArcGIS Pro

11-19-2020 07:04 PM
Labels (1)
TimJohnston3
New Contributor III

Can we get an Analyze pane added to ArcGIS Pro so we can visualize and understand layer performance?  

It would be nice if each layer had indicators for: Query, Transport, Loading, and Rendering...etc.

Example mockup:

AnalyzePane.png

3 Comments
KoryKramer

Hi @TimJohnston3 

Is there a specific performance issue that you are trying to troubleshoot?  If so, it would be best to work with technical support.

If not, and you're just generally requesting performance analysis capabilities in Pro, I wanted to make sure that you were aware of the diagnostic tools that currently exist like the PerfTools add-in, ArcMon and Shift-E described in this blog, and the diagnostic log, which can be turned on either from the command line as described in the linked documentation, or switched on from ArcMon.

KoryKramer_0-1605877971661.png

If you have been using these and they do not meet your needs, could you add some specifics about things they don't cover?

Thank you!

MarcelSt-Germain

I think it's a must have featured since the speed issue of ArcGIS Pro.  Why not make is simple for us.  We are cartographers not programmers.  The analyze pane like show above is a basic tool we need.

Hope to have it directly included in the next update.  Personally I will install it and see if it could help to pinpoint why each action is time consuming.  When active time is less than 20% in a daywork, it's frustrating.

Bud
by

Merged from a separate idea.

When refreshing/developing a complex map, it would help to have an easy way to see how long it takes each layer to load in the map. I’m picturing a new kind of pane: a Layer Monitoring pane, or something like that. It would be a list of layers where you’d visually/progressively see each layer load, including the query load time. There could be a button in the pane that opens ArcGIS Monitor —> Logs tab for more detailed/raw info.

Related: Display map refresh elapsed time by hovering over refresh button