Analyze ArcGIS Server Service Equivalency in Pro

12-06-2019 10:42 AM
Labels (1)
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

I have been testing publishing mapservices from Pro to a standalone ArcGIS Server (AGS) and I have found that the Analyze function is not equivalent in Pro to ArcMap.

I have my AGS environment setup where no data is allowed to be copied to the server, so if I use a data source that is not registered with AGS in the DataStore the Analyze tool will let me know.  I was publishing a test service that was not using registered data sources and the Analyze tool did not tell me the data sources were not registered with server.  I only found this information out after I actually tried to publish the service and the error logs told me that the data source was not registered.

It would be helpful if the Analyze tool for AGS services in Pro can be updated to be equivalent to the same tool in ArcMap.

2 Comments
JonahLay
Status changed to: Under Consideration

SusanTran
Status changed to: Already Offered

Thanks for submitting the idea. ArcGIS Pro already offers the ability to analyze for potential issues prior to sharing. Please see this topic for more information: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/sharing/overview/analyze-your-gis-resource.htm

However, it sounds like there is may be an issue with a specific analyzer that is not be appearing for in your case. We can review this issue as a potential bug. If you'd like, please message me directly with specific information on your case and we can look into it.