Allow for specific date formatting on the axis of Pro charts

04-19-2022 09:02 AM
Labels (1)
ChrisGreen
New Contributor III

A date field can be used for the axis of charts in Pro. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that the date can be formatted to a user's desire like numerical fields used as an axis. Even if it were some back-door route via the CIM, it would be great if a bit of Arcade, python, or whatever could be used to arrive at a specific, consistent formatting of dates along the axis (e.g., MMM d [i.e., no year]).  See my other question post for more details on this topic:  https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-questions/can-dates-used-for-the-axis-of-a-multi-year-line/...

2 Comments
DrewFlater
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Thank you for submitting this idea. It is under consideration by the Pro Charts development team.

ChrisGreen

Oh that is great news, Mr. Flater!  We (the team and I) greatly appreciate you considering this functionality for a future release.  The charts in Pro are great, and these multi-year line series are the most popular w/ my customer.  This capability, in Pro, would really open some doors for us.  Looking forward to seeing how it plays out. Thanks again, cg.