Allow ArcGIS Pro to copy Standalone tables between maps

06-12-2018 07:10 AM
Labels (1)
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

Back in 2014 I suggested this idea for ArcMap. This has never been implemented and this issue still persists in the modern ArcGIS Pro. I can copy feature layers from one map to another but I cannot right click on a standalone table, copy and then paste that into the TOC of a new map. Currently, as it is still in ArcMap, I have to add the table via the catalog pane.  Would be nicer and quicker if I could copy 'n' paste as I can do with layers.

5 Comments
JoeBorgione

And here we are 2 years later (6 total from op) and you can't copy a table from one map to another in Pro2.5.1. 

I have several pro projects with archive data that I geocoded and the points have related tables. In each of the projects, I have a 'base map' that holds all the data related to the project.  Then I have additional maps set up for publishing to agol.  It's more than a pain in the backside to have the table attributes all set up in the base map, just to set them up again in the individual map tab...

KoryKramer
Status changed to: Under Consideration

AJR
by

Layers can be copy and pasted from one map to another in AGP, it seems like tables should have similar functionality, but they don't (at least not as-of AGP 2.7.2).

KoryKramer
Status changed to: In Product Plan

KoryKramer
Status changed to: Implemented

Implemented in ArcGIS Pro 2.9.  See Ideas in ArcGIS Pro 2.9 for this and many other ideas you can expect to see when you update.