-all other values- Label should disappear in legend when not in scale range

06-28-2021 10:34 AM
Labels (1)
SandyWatford
New Contributor II

I use "all other values" to denote local roads that are only displayed when zoomed in beyond 1:10,000.  However, the (all other values) local road legend label always appears regardless of the scale.  The label should disappear when "only show features visible in map extent" is checked and the layout is zoomed out out of the scale range.

5 Comments
JeffBarrette

Sandy,

Thank you for reporting this!  I could reproduce by setting the scale ranges via the Scale tab in the symbology pane.  Setting scale ranges on the layer works as expected.  Can you confirm that, please?  I will create and issue and hopefully we will be able to address it soon.

Jeff - Layout and arcpy.mp team

SandyWatford

Yes, setting the scale ranges via the Scale tab in the symbology pane makes the lines and labels for "all other values" appear and disappear as expected.  However, the label in the legend does not disappear as the lines do. 

AubriKinghorn
Status changed to: Under Consideration

KoryKramer
Status changed to: In Product Plan

KoryKramer
Status changed to: Implemented

This has been addressed in ArcGIS Pro 3.0. See Ideas in ArcGIS Pro 3.0  to see this and all of the other ideas you can look forward to when you upgrade.

Also be sure to check out the What's New documentation: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/get-started/whats-new-in-arcgis-pro.htm