Select to view content in your preferred language

Add Refresh Map Series option to the layout context menu

06-16-2022 07:29 AM
Labels (1)
MarcelSt-Germain
Regular Contributor

Add, with the right clic menu, a refresh map series to be more intuitive than looking at the bar small icon.  Personally I put it just before Properties like "Refresh Map Series".

MarcelStGermain_0-1655389597918.png

8 Comments
MarcelSt-Germain

Hi, maybe in v3 it will be done but, in a map series pages, if we had a map in the series define by a polygon layer it's not automatically added to the list.  

So, at least add a refresh, in the right clic, if it's not possible to do that automatically. 

For now, I have to change the field use for the map, then return to that field to see the new map available.

KoryKramer
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

@MarcelSt-Germain 

Are you saying that the map series doesn't refresh if you add a polygon to the index layer?

If that is what you're asking, could you try Refresh Map Series?

KoryKramer_0-1655385546745.png

If you are talking about something else, please provide more details and screenshots so that we can better understand the idea. Thanks!

MarcelSt-Germain

Hi Kory,

Sorry, your right, I forgot about the button, it's working.

But the idea of adding this refresh on the right clic menu still good and more intuitive.  Personally I put it just before Properties like "Refresh Map Series".

image.png

Now still waiting to see if a real map series for annotations will be available in v 3 

KoryKramer

Thanks, Marcel. Since the refresh functionality for map series already exists, in order to re-open this idea, it will need to be more specific. Can you modify this idea's title to "Add Refresh Map Series option to the layout context menu" ?

And update the ideas description to reflect that the request is to add the command to the context menu?

Once that is done we can re-open the idea.

Thank you! 

MarcelSt-Germain

Hi Kory,

Sorry, I can't find the way to make modification.  Try "Options" Then "Modifier le message" but nothing append.  So, I will make a new one.

AubriKinghorn
Status changed to: In Product Plan

AubriKinghorn
Status changed to: Implemented

This was added in ArcGIS Pro 3.3.

MarcelSt-Germain

Funny but since 3,3 is bug, I will have to wait for an other version.  Maybe one day.