Add interactive selection methods to ArcGIS Pro

06-21-2021 01:19 PM
Labels (1)
GISAdmin26
New Contributor II

In ArcMap, under the Selection menu, you can choose interactive selection methods such as Add to Current Selection, Remove from Current Selection, and Select from Current Selection. While ArcGIS Pro does allow you to hit Ctrl and click to remove from selection, it is more foolproof to select "Remove from Current Selection" and simply left click on the map. Some of our users have huge selections of parcels that they spend days working on and it would be very risky to have to hit Ctrl first and then click on the map. Also, if you have a very complicated selection, it's nice to be able to Select from Current Selection. It would be great if Pro could have these options incorporated.

4 Comments
KoryKramer
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

Hi @GISAdmin26 

I'm pretty sure what you're asking for is here:

KoryKramer_0-1624307480748.png

Comparison to ArcMap:

KoryKramer_1-1624307508477.png

I just wanted to clarify before marking this as Already Offered.

GISAdmin26

@KoryKramerThanks Kory. I didn't know that was there. Perhaps ESRI could make this a little more obvious to users?

Thanks!

Anja

GIS-Chops

Anja,

I posted a tutorial video on the selection tool here - https://youtu.be/Oa7TuxHnsv0

KoryKramer
Status changed to: Already Offered

Thanks, Anja.  I'm marking this Already Offered since the options are available.  In terms of making these easier to find, what would you have in mind to make the interactive selection options and modes more discoverable?