Add an Apply button to the Layer Properties dialog

02-03-2023 09:36 AM
Labels (1)
HollyTorpey_LSA
Occasional Contributor III

It would be great if there were an Apply button on the Layer Properties box. Changes aren't applied until we click OK, so when a change made on one page affects the options available on another page, we have to close Layer Properties and reopen it in order to make a second change.

Example: If I change a data source on the Source page, I have to close and reopen Layer Properties before I can add a new definition query on the Definition Query page using the schema of the new data source. It would be great if I could just hit Apply to apply the new data source and thus refresh the list of fields I see in the Definition Query page.

HollyTorpey_LSA_0-1675445628103.png

Thanks!

4 Comments
KoryKramer
Status changed to: In Product Plan

TanuHoque
Status changed to: Implemented

This Idea has been implemented in ArcGIS Pro 3.2. Please see the What's New documentation for more new features in Pro 3.2.

The Your Ideas in ArcGIS Pro 3.2 blog and video have been posted to the Esri Community blog. You can take a look at these to see your idea and all others that were implemented in this release of ArcGIS Pro.

TanuHoque_0-1700179664107.png

HollyTorpey_LSA

@TanuHoque Thank you for implementing this idea! I smile every time I click that Apply button. 🙂

TanuHoque

@HollyTorpey_LSA 

I'm glad that you found it very useful. I will share your comment with the rest of the team. Comments like this always encourages team to do better 🙂

Thank you so much for letting us know.

Tanu, on behalf of the team