ArcGIS Pro 3.0.3 Patch 1 (3.0.4) is now available

02-16-2023 12:25 PM

ArcGIS Pro 3.0.3 Patch 1 (3.0.4) is now available

The ArcGIS Pro 3.0.4 patch is available for download from My Esri as well as through the software update in Pro (if enabled).

To get the latest fixes, please install this patch. For a list of issues addressed you can review the Release Notes for ArcGIS Pro 3.0

Note: ArcGIS Pro 3.0.3 must be installed prior to installing the 3.0.4 patch. Patches are cumulative. When you install this patch, the issues addressed in a previously released patch are also included. It is not necessary to perform an incremental update of previous patches before installing this one. Here is additional information about Minor Releases and Patches

If you have not yet updated to 3.0.3, review Get Ready for ArcGIS Pro 3.0 and Migration from ArcGIS Pro 2.x to 3.0 which contain important information to consider before updating to the major release.

Comments

@Bud 

KoryKramer_0-1676581148045.png

The .pdf file is updated and includes the issues addressed in 3.0.4.

Have any of the AGP users experienced a problem with the Identify function with more complex relational geodatabase schemas.
With version AGP 3.0, ESRI introduced, for me personally, an unimaginable BUG; Pop Up - Identify tools correctly identifies only the first level (the first relational table) with more complex relational schemes, everything else (the same entity connected to the second, third...table, cardinality 1:N) is identified completely incorrectly. I wrote and documented this on the Geodatabase forum, but ESRI, as in other cases, simply ignores this. It's really a shame, because this kind of non-functionality is visible at the first step!
My company, due to the nature of the work, often makes quick decisions and supplements them based on the context of interconnected data by simply identifying a logically arranged set of information using the Pop Up/Identify tools. Now must to use ArcMap and AGP 2.9 ver. 
Generally speaking, it is worrying that, obviously, ESRI releases a product that has NOT been TESTED at all! It is simply impossible not to see this kind of error already at the first click of identification (!?). After documenting the BUG, we expected that the problem would be solved in yesterday's patch 3.04, but NO! This already implies that the non-functionality will continue in the upcoming version 3.1! I am convinced that ESRI knows about this BUG, but despite this they are releasing a semi-finished product on the market! Really incredible!!!

Hi @BranislavBlagojevic Sorry that you're running into an issue. You are stating that this is a bug - do you have a bug number that I can look into? While it sounds like you have posted this in other places on Esri Community, if you feel you are encountering a bug in the software, that should be reported to Technical Support: Contact Technical Support

While Esri Community is an excellent place for community members to help other community members, if you ever feel that you are encountering a bug in the software, Esri Community is not the correct forum. You need to contact technical support to report the issue, with reproducible steps (which may require including sample data that demonstrates the issue) so that the development team can assess the problem. Send me a bug number if you have one regarding this issue and I will look into it. Otherwise, please report the problem to Technical Support so that it can be investigated.

Thank you

@BranislavBlagojevic I can't tell in the video, but do you have the related tables in the Contents pane? If you add them, does that make a difference in the behavior you're seeing?

Just a note that with only the video, we can't be entirely sure what is happening, but this may be something that is corrected in ArcGIS Pro 3.1. That is scheduled to be available February 23rd. If you are able to update when it becomes available, could you try your workflow in that same map and let us know what you're seeing? If it isn't corrected, we will need this to be investigated with technical support.

Thank you!

@KoryKramer Many thanks for answer/explanation related to defect of Pop up in reading/decoding related data. According to my search on Knowledge page Bug is not officially tracked. Reason is clear; not reported to technical support. Why? A little complicated story but let me tell it.

Officially, I have a My ESRI account, inherited from a former company purchased from my current company. The current company is not based in Canada and all licenses have been transferred on maintenance to the local ESRI dealer (GDi). Therefore, I can only ask for technical support and report a BUG through him. The procedure is extremely long and slow, especially in critical situations like this one. For this reason, I put the problem on the ESRI community, Geodatabase sub-forum, because it refers to the 'reading/decoding' of geodatabase content by AGP software. And...JesseCloutier one of Esri Community Managers responded privately (big thanks to him) and informed me "I've brought this back up again with my contact on our team to ask that they have an appropriate person get in touch with you to talk further''. But in the meantime, no one contacted me! And here we are! with the same BUG in patch 3.0.4!

I apologize for the long text, but this story, at least from a personal point of view, metaphorically speaking, shows that ESRI is running forward, not looking back at all to see if someone is chasing it. Even if he chases him, he can't get far with torn shoes. The Identify function is an elementary thing of every GIS software, so the omission is difficult for me to understand and acceptable!

Kory, allow me to put your sentence "...this may be something that is corrected in ArcGIS Pro 3.1" in the end, in the epilogue of this long and overly personal story. I sincerely hope and want to believe that we will not see this failure in the new version. I have the open possibility that, after publication, download, install and test my workflow, together with the management of the company, for whom this is a critical situation in making and/or correcting important 'expensive' decisions. Of course, I will let you know the outcome.

Thank you, again and best regards.

P.S. If you need test data, I can forward an example.

Thanks @BranislavBlagojevic Yes, please send me the data as an attachment to an email to kkramer@esri.com. In the email, please provide specifics about the problem (I know we have your video above, but I always like to have the description of the problem written out so that we're not making assumptions).

We'll need to look at your data to know whether this is something resolved in 3.1. Thank you.

Dear Kory,

Using above mail address, I sent you data, actually link (your email box totally limited) from which you can download data for testing Identify/Pop up function in ArcGIS Pro 3x and older versions for comparison.

Thank you!

Regards.

P.S. please confirm me that all is ok with given link. 

The link worked. I responded to your email.

Thanks, Kory!

@KoryKramer,

I thoroughly and carefully tested the previously described defect with the Identify/Pop-up function in version 3.0-3.0.4 and now I can confidently confirm that the BUG is fixed in the latest ArcGIS Pro 3.1 version!
Thank you!

Great - thank you for the confirmation, @BranislavBlagojevic !

Version history
Last update:
‎08-24-2023 01:06 PM
Updated by:
Contributors