Sharing App and map content with public

Jump to solution
11-04-2023 12:42 PM
sr_guy
by
New Contributor III

I am trying to share a hosted map, web map, and web app with "everyone". The problem, that option is "greyed" out on the main host layer. I've tried everything, and am still unable to enable this option.

sr_guy_0-1699126821259.png

Here are my "settings" for the hosted layer:

sr_guy_1-1699126872336.png

I cannot share my web map, that is pointed in my web app without that option to share wih everybody. Has anyone ran into this issue that might have a solution?

12 Replies
GHarris
New Contributor II

Hi all,

I have had the same problem with my dev account. I have created a survey that I wish to host, but I am unsure where the code goes and if I just generate a new API Key and where to add it etc.. I have read through the help files suggested above but I feel I do not have the background understanding to understand them completely. 

If there are any suggestions, or a workflow on how to do this, that'd be great. 

Thank you, 

Gareth 

JeffKurzner
New Contributor

Anyone get a "how to" on this? If I  create a webmap that accesses a datalayer, the webmap shows up but not the data layer?  Frustratingly complicated

0 Kudos
AlanCassidy
Esri Contributor

Hi @JeffKurzner and @GHarris - see my answer / solution found here.  https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-platform-developers-ques/sharing-app-and-map-content-with-publi....  Details below.  Also, please check out the detailed doc on Data hosting as it applies to Platform and Online - https://developers.arcgis.com/documentation/mapping-apis-and-services/data-hosting/ 

We recently disabled the ability to share certain hosted data services with the public for Developer accounts only. With the Data hosting feature of ArcGIS Platform coming out of beta on November 1st, usage is now metered on all hosted data services owned by Developer accounts only. In order to share any of your data with the public you must provide authentication to the service in the form of an API key or other authentication method. Please review the documentation at Data hosting as well as the manage sharing and security section.

0 Kudos