Select to view content in your preferred language

Difference Pipeline Referencing Foundation and Gas and Pipeline Referencing Utility Network foundation

Jump to solution
06-28-2023 03:01 AM
Cristian_Galindo
Occasional Contributor III

I am looking for the latest UPDM version, now I found there are kind of two ESRI solutions that include the UPDM. I was reading the presentation page of both of them. 

I would like to hear from you guys, what is the difference between Pipeline Referencing Foundation and Gas and Pipeline Referencing Utility Network foundation

I understand so far that i can with both of the have UPDM instantiated. 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AyanPalit
Esri Regular Contributor

@Cristian_Galindo Both Gas and Pipeline Referencing Utility Network Foundation and Pipeline Referencing Foundation use the same underlying Utilities and Pipeline Data Model (UPDM) schema. 

At a high-level, the difference lies in the implementation pattern for ArcGIS Utility Network and/or ArcGIS Pipeline Referencing

There are other differences in the attribute rules, network connectivity constraints that dictate the network behavior for each of the supported patterns.   

Ayan Palit | Principal Consultant Esri

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AyanPalit
Esri Regular Contributor

@Cristian_Galindo Both Gas and Pipeline Referencing Utility Network Foundation and Pipeline Referencing Foundation use the same underlying Utilities and Pipeline Data Model (UPDM) schema. 

At a high-level, the difference lies in the implementation pattern for ArcGIS Utility Network and/or ArcGIS Pipeline Referencing

There are other differences in the attribute rules, network connectivity constraints that dictate the network behavior for each of the supported patterns.   

Ayan Palit | Principal Consultant Esri
Cristian_Galindo
Occasional Contributor III

@AyanPalit Thanks a lot for your clarification!!!

0 Kudos