Reconstruct from seeds tool returns error

Jump to solution
03-21-2023 11:57 AM
RobertChaney
Occasional Contributor

I'm getting this error message returned on the Reconstruct from Seeds tool.

I'm editing the parcel fabric through a feature service.  Is this tool not supported on a parcel fabric feature service or am I missing something?

RobertChaney_0-1679424502376.png

ArcGIS Pro 3.0.3

fabric ver. 5

Enterprise ver. 11

Thanks.

Robert

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor

The capability to 'reconstruct from seeds' was added to Pro 3.0 and enterprise 11.0.

On your server manager, I would make sure the capability is checked on. The screenshot below is from ArcGIS Server 10.9.1 so that's why you don't see it.

AmirBarMaor_0-1679475175887.png

As suggested, you can also test republishing and see if this solves the issue. 

View solution in original post

RobertChaney
Occasional Contributor

Ok, the operation is initially unchecked by default (not sure why), but once I checked it on, saved and restarted the service, the tool ran successfully.  Thanks.

RobertChaney_0-1679517535469.png

RobertChaney_1-1679517576699.png

View solution in original post

7 Replies
AliciaTompkins
New Contributor II

I had the same error when we upgraded to Enterprise version 11. I republished the parcel fabric as a new feature service and haven't had any issues using the tool since.

0 Kudos
RobertChaney
Occasional Contributor

Alicia,

I'm curious if you first tried to republish (overwrite) the existing service.

0 Kudos
AliciaTompkins
New Contributor II

I didn't. I asked ESRI Support but they recommended publishing a new service to avoid issues down the road.

0 Kudos
AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor

The capability to 'reconstruct from seeds' was added to Pro 3.0 and enterprise 11.0.

On your server manager, I would make sure the capability is checked on. The screenshot below is from ArcGIS Server 10.9.1 so that's why you don't see it.

AmirBarMaor_0-1679475175887.png

As suggested, you can also test republishing and see if this solves the issue. 

RobertChaney
Occasional Contributor

Ok, the operation is initially unchecked by default (not sure why), but once I checked it on, saved and restarted the service, the tool ran successfully.  Thanks.

RobertChaney_0-1679517535469.png

RobertChaney_1-1679517576699.png

RobertChaney
Occasional Contributor

I'm guessing it was unchecked because the service was published under an earlier version.

AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor

@RobertChaney 

You are correct. When the service was initially published this capability was not exposed on the parcel fabric REST API. I am happy this resolved your issue.

Amir 

0 Kudos