Select to view content in your preferred language

Parcel Labelling in 3D Scene

07-09-2023 11:59 PM
Labels (1)
FrankOuyang
Esri Contributor

Hi, 

I am testing visualizing parcel fabric in 3D scene using Pro 3.1.2. I have create a parcel fabric inside a FGDB. Then, I added few strata parcel polygons with floor order field populated. However, if I add the parcel fabric controller to a scene and set the label field to Floor Order for the strata parcel polygon, I cannot see any labelling. 

FrankOuyang_0-1688971968154.png

But if I only add the parcel polygon to the scene, I can see the floor order label. However, that means I don't have access to parcel fabric tools 😞 

FrankOuyang_1-1688972057052.png

I want to use the scene to show how we can do parcel fabric editings in a 3D environment. But not being able to see the labels make it hard to select the right features.

2 Replies
AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor

@FrankOuyang 

There is nothing special about the default feature layers that come with the parcel fabric, but this is a good opportunity to consider 3D default layers or improvement of the existing layers.

You can use the geoprocessing tool 'Apply Symbology' and apply your green layer to your grey layer.
As a rule of thumb, to improve performance, try to have fewer layers in the 3D and move layers that can be 'rasterized' on the surface to the 2D group. If there are layers that are not needed remove them altogether. You only need the parcel fabric controller layer in the map if you plan to perform parcel editing in that map.

Please let us know how this works.
You are a pioneer, so we can all learn from your experience and improve.

FrankOuyang
Esri Contributor

Thanks for the prompt reply Amir! Apply Symbology From Layer does work. I cannot figure out why the labelling doesn't work when directly modifying the parcel polygon added using the parcel controller. But Apply Symbology can be a good alternative for now.