Select to view content in your preferred language

Numeric field automatically rounds to one decimal place.

Jump to solution
04-29-2024 07:35 PM
Labels (1)
RobertChaney
Occasional Contributor

I have a field in my parcel fabric parcel type Tax called "DeededArea".  It's a numeric field set to 6 decimal places.  There's no attribute rules placed on this field.  I'm editing this layer through a feature service.  For some reason the field automatically gets rounded to one decimal place or a whole number.  I can't figure out why it would be doing this since there doesn't seems to be any rules in place that would be forcing this to happen.  Any ideas?

Robert.

ArcPro 3.2.2

Parcel Fabric ver. 5

Enterprise is ver. 11.2

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertChaney
Occasional Contributor

I've been able to solve the rounding issue by creating a new field and setting the precision and scale to 9 and 2 respectively.  Apparently, when creating a new field as Double\Numeric the precision and scale gets set to 7 and 1 by default.

Robert.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
-_Ashley-B-Potter_-
New Contributor III

What is the data type set to?

0 Kudos
RobertChaney
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply Ashley.  The data type is Double.

Apologies for not stating that in my initial question.

Robert.

RobertChaney
Occasional Contributor

I've opened a case with ESRI and we've confirmed that this issue does not exists if I export the fabric to a fgdb.

ESRI's suggestion was to republish the feature service.  Since, this is an active feature service, I'll have to wait to republish the service.  I'll update this post with any results I find.

Robert.

0 Kudos
RobertChaney
Occasional Contributor

I've been able to solve the rounding issue by creating a new field and setting the precision and scale to 9 and 2 respectively.  Apparently, when creating a new field as Double\Numeric the precision and scale gets set to 7 and 1 by default.

Robert.

0 Kudos
AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor

@RobertChaney 

Why don't you use the StatedArea field ( type: Double) and the 'Stated Area Unit' field?

0 Kudos