Select to view content in your preferred language

Move Parcel Fabric

Jump to solution
08-23-2024 06:32 AM
Syvertson
Frequent Contributor

I have two Enterprise Geodatabases, both are on the same server and are branch versioned to enable editing through services.  I would like to move my entire parcel fabric datasets from the one to the other.  Can someone point me to a good reference to complete this seemlessly? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor

@Syvertson 

Assuming you do not have open version in the source parcel fabric that you want to copy the steps will be:

1. Copy the feature dataset from the source geodatabase to the target geodatabase
  2. Once copied, select the target feature dataset and 'Register as version'

If the geoprocessing Copy Parcels failed, it would be great if you can submit a technical support case so we can understand why it has failed (empty geometry)

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Syvertson
Frequent Contributor

Disregard this post.  I found the solution in the parcel toolbox.  The tool to use is simply "Copy Parcels."

Syvertson
Frequent Contributor

Turns out the copy parcels should be the solution but it fails, and the error message says "operation attempted on an empty geometry.  The fabric was a completely functional fabric.

Syvertson_0-1724424709000.png

AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor

@Syvertson 

Assuming you do not have open version in the source parcel fabric that you want to copy the steps will be:

1. Copy the feature dataset from the source geodatabase to the target geodatabase
  2. Once copied, select the target feature dataset and 'Register as version'

If the geoprocessing Copy Parcels failed, it would be great if you can submit a technical support case so we can understand why it has failed (empty geometry)

Syvertson
Frequent Contributor

I am not sure what you mean by "Assuming you do not have open version"?  Does that mean that all versions are reconsiled and posted?  If that is not the case then it should still publish but only the default version, I would think.  Or do you mean that there cannot be open connections to the database being copied?

LearnThenShare
Regular Contributor

@Syvertson  Patiently awaiting your reply to Amir's last reply to you.

0 Kudos
Syvertson
Frequent Contributor

HI.  Yah.  The steps he outlined are exactly what I did.  So, I will end up having to open up a technical support case.  But, being Friday, I will not be doing that till next week.  I hate opening up cases on anything related to parcel fabric because the first level techs will never just forward to a person who knows how the fabric works.  They always go through so many inconsequential steps because they have no clue about the fabric...  Just makes me dread this....

0 Kudos
Syvertson
Frequent Contributor

I created a completely new enterprise geodatabase and then followed your steps and it worked just fine.  There had to have been something in the other database preventing the copy.  Thanks.  I will mark your solution as the answer.

AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor

@Syvertson 

I am happy it worked.

When you have the time, it wouldn't hurt to run the geoprocessing Check Geometry on your feature classes to make sure they are valid.

0 Kudos
AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor

@Syvertson 

Yes - you got it right. copying and pasting the feature dataset copies the default version. So make sure you don't have pending edits in versions that have not been reconciled and posted.