Select to view content in your preferred language

Is there a ground to grid correction tool

10-10-2018 08:43 AM
MargaretCarew1
New Contributor III

I am editing in ArcPRO and I want to apply a ground to grid correction to an arcs feature class.  I am able to do this function in ArcMap with the Ground to Grid Correction tool, but I have yet to find the appropriate buzz words in Help to find this tool in ArcPRO.  Also, is there a COGO report tool in ArcPRO like there is in ArcMap?  I'd rather not have to open up ArcMap to run these tools.

A jpg identifying the tools in question is attached.

Thanks,

Margaret

14 Replies
TimHodson
Esri Contributor

Hi Margaret, snapping should definitely work; the Interactive Correction tools are designed to be able to snap to your control points. One possible reason that you are not seeing snapping to points is that even though you have snapping turned on, you may not have configured the snapping environment to snap to point features?

GroundToGridInteractiveToolSnapping

Please let me know if this does not resolve the problem for you.

0 Kudos
MargaretCarew1
New Contributor III

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your response.  I went back to check my xy tolerance under snapping settings. and switched to map units from pixels.  The Ground to Grid and the tool snapped perfectly to my section corner points. 

Margaret

0 Kudos
TimHodson
Esri Contributor

Hi Margaret, I'm glad that this worked for you. Note, however, that the default pixel-based snapping should also work for this. If you switch back to pixel based snapping does the problem you reported come back? When you encountered the problem previously, was the point-snapping button, highlighted in yellow in the image above, turned on? If pixel-based snapping does not work for you then please let me know, as I'd like to do some follow up.

As an aside: the downside of using map units for tool snapping is that it becomes hard to use when working at different map scales; you zoom out and the snap tolerance does not seem enough, and when you zoom in the snap tolerance is too much. I personally always use pixel-based snapping.

-Tim

0 Kudos
MargaretCarew1
New Contributor III

Hi Tim,

I do not remember if the point snapping button was on.

I just tried the snapping in pixel mode with the point setting “on” and it worked. I may have had point setting ”off” and vertex setting “on” when I tried the pixel mode, Both Map Unit and Pixel settings snap with the point button on.

I got mixed up with selecting points versus vertex. I understand it better.

Margaret

0 Kudos
TimHodson
Esri Contributor

Great! Thank you Margaret for the feedback. I'm glad to hear that it's all now working as you're expecting it to.

0 Kudos