Select to view content in your preferred language

Inconsistent Default Versions with ArcPro 32

11-28-2023 06:08 AM
Labels (1)
DeanAnderson2
Occasional Contributor II

I am using ArcPro 3.2 to access 11.1 Enterprise with Branched Versioning.  I have been having problems with creating a record in a version using procedures posted in(Part 2 - Branch Version with Parcel Fabric) as discussed in my previous post "Problems with Arcp3.2 Parcel Fabric Using ArcPy to Change the Version". I also have a second issue.  In my project,  I  have two maps, one is for general editing and the other for creating a voucher.  Unfortunately when I set both maps to default my second map "retains" the record created previously.   I have tried to refresh the versions with both maps, opening and closing the project files etc.  The following two pictures illustrate my problem. This seems to be independent of my previous problem and just deals with how two maps point at the "default" environment.  My question is --- is anyone else having this issue ? 

Map 1:  Set to default.  Only ONE record appears in the map extent.  

DeanAnderson2_0-1701180328502.png

Map 2: Set to default.  TWO records appear in the map extent.  The second record should NOT be in default. 

DeanAnderson2_1-1701180361015.png

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DeanAnderson2
Occasional Contributor II

As a follow up.. I was also able to create a problem with versions and records between two maps using the following steps ( involves no python scripts.)  I am still using ArcPro Fabric 3.2 and  Enterprise/Branched Version 11.1 

1. Created A version in "Map" (PF_ANDERSD.DeanTextVersion11_28_1)
2. Created a new Record (DeanTestVersion11_28_1) in "Map"
3. Set active Record 
4. Used the MERGE tool - Combined two taxlots (703+701-> 701) -- ALL works fine 
-- Taxlots were merged
-- Record geometry was created
5. Opened Second Map "TaxlotMap"
6. Changed Version (PF_ANDERSD.DeanTextVersion11_28_1)
--- Problems Found
--- a. Taxlot Polygons are NOT Merged
----b. Can NOT select the merged polygon
----c. Can no "refresh" the version
----d. New Record does NOT exist in the version 

0 Kudos