Select to view content in your preferred language

Build Parcel using Build Extent

07-21-2023 10:57 AM
DiegoLlamasOlivares
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

We have a polygon parcel layer. we build a parcel fabric using FGDB and added parcel types. We append polygons and we started to build parcels using build extent. We notice that in some areas, the building process just stays there forever.  

Screenshot 2023-07-21 131639.png

and when I cancel it, takes several minutes and cancel the action, but parcels are created

Screenshot 2023-07-21 135209.png

But also it creates this lines and points. and I need to delete them manually or close the program without saving edits and try to build parcels again. so my question is, should i use build parcel fabric geoprosseing tool? i have 78 municipalities some of them have 5k, 10k parcels and others 100k should I use that option instead extent? Regards,

Screenshot 2023-07-21 131734.png

Diego Llamas

4 Replies
ChristineLeslie
Esri Contributor

Hi

I would definately use the geoprocessing tool. If you are processing large numbers of parcels that have many points, you may need to leave it run for a while.

If you are still seeing issues with the Build tool, please contact tech support. - If it fails, it will need to be submitted as a bug.

Christine

0 Kudos
TimHodson
Esri Contributor

Hello Diego,

I suspect that you have geometries that are bezier curves. With ArcGIS Pro 3.1 we fixed a performance problem and a geometry problem like the one you show in your third image above. If you are not able to upgrade to ArcGIS Pro 3.1, you could consider converting your bezier curves to circular arcs or to polylines with straight line segments.

For your reference: BUG-000155164

See also related post here: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-parcel-fabric-questions/is-there-an-easy-way-to-track-down-feat...

-Tim

0 Kudos
MDB_GIS
Occasional Contributor III

Can confirm that this is a bezier curves issue. Had it myself in the past. One area of our parcel dataset had bezier curves in it. I went and manually converted them to true curves, deleted all the extra points and lines that were created, and it completely resolved the issue. 

0 Kudos
LearnThenShare
New Contributor III

Hi @DiegoLlamasOlivares ,

Can you share if any of the respondent's ( @ChristineLeslie , @TimHodson ) were of specific or general assistance with the issue that you shared?

Thank you,

-John 

0 Kudos