Select to view content in your preferred language

Bezier curves introduced after Build- why would this happen?

3 weeks ago
Labels (1)
ElisseDeleissegues1
New Contributor III

We are in an Enterprise versioning environment: Pro 3.1.x, Parcel Fabric v5, Enterprise 9.1

One of the editors has documented the below described behavior. Apparently, this isn't the first or only time this has happened to one of our editors, the others are also reporting similar.

This editor's general workflow for correcting "dirty" and spatially incorrect parcels is to delete existing non-COGO features prior to building features using the Traverse tool.

As can be seen, between duplicating Lots into Parcels and Building this one final Lot, there are now multiple bezier curves where there were none (those parcels/lots were previously COGO accurate) and also some 'ghost' points.

I can only presume that the disconnected points in the lower center of the second screenshot were probably from the original deleted features, as that is spatially approximately the placement of them prior to be deleted.

Is there some setting or tolerance or other explanation for this? Clearly this is not ideal and after carefully manually entering multiple parcels they will now need to go back and fix this.

1. Deleted existing tax parcels, lots and encumbrances by selecting TPs and Lots and their Parcel Features
  2. Drew tax parcels individually with COGOs from supporting documents using Traverse
  3. Duplicated TPs into Lots using Duplicate Parcels tool
  4. Drew Encumbrances individually with COGOs from supporting documents using Traverse
  5. Screen shot prior to drawing ROW Lot 37

ElisseDeleissegues1_0-1718835183259.png

1. Drew ROW Lot 37 using Traverse
  2. Screen shot after create seed and build. Densified curve lines and points appeared

ElisseDeleissegues1_1-1718835183335.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ElisseDeleissegues1
New Contributor III

@AmirBar-Maor 

I'm going to bring some examples to the Esri UC, maybe you can point me in the right direction on how to resolve this.

0 Kudos
AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor

Aloha @ElisseDeleissegues1 

I understand that you will be attending the UC this year. Please bring your data to the parcel fabric island (next to entrance B) so the team can review the process and the data.

Thanks,
Amir

0 Kudos