Automating alignment between edited parcels in parcel fabric

Jump to solution
12-08-2022 08:38 PM
Labels (1)
AlisonKelsey
Esri Contributor

What options and tools exist for automating alignment between different parcel types and feature classes if one of them has been edited?  For example, if a vertex is moved in a parcel type, how can the corresponding vertex be moved in another feature class that is an administrative layer such as a vertex on a state forest boundary?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor

If a vertex is introduced in one feature class, validating topology would crack any other feature/feature class and create it (if within tolerance).

Advice: NEVER change the geodatabase topology cluster tolerance or XY tolerance.

If you are looking into automating alignment between features, there is a set of conflation tools. I would use the 2 highlighted. You will need additional processing to first create lines from the polygons though. Automating alignment can also corrupt your data, so be careful and review results before reconciling and posting them + automated tests.

2022-12-09_11-13-37.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor

If a vertex is introduced in one feature class, validating topology would crack any other feature/feature class and create it (if within tolerance).

Advice: NEVER change the geodatabase topology cluster tolerance or XY tolerance.

If you are looking into automating alignment between features, there is a set of conflation tools. I would use the 2 highlighted. You will need additional processing to first create lines from the polygons though. Automating alignment can also corrupt your data, so be careful and review results before reconciling and posting them + automated tests.

2022-12-09_11-13-37.png

AlisonKelsey
Esri Contributor

Hi Amir,

Thanks for your advice.  I thought the validation process was the way to go but was also concerned about potential data corruption through automation. Much appreciated.

Alison

0 Kudos