Track parcel lineage for straight transfer of ownership ?

05-24-2023 07:53 AM
Sothea_VOEUN
New Contributor III

Can we track the history (the deed of conveyance)of a condo unit that has been sold several times through ArcGIS Pro Parcel Fabric as the concept of parcel configuration? 

7 Comments
JasonCamerano

Hello @Sothea_VOEUN 

If a simple attribute change won't trigger the parcel history to occur.  However a workflow that can be done is to create a new record.  Select the condo parcel.  Run the Duplicate Parcel tool and just duplicate it once.  Then retire the previous parcel. Now you will have the proper lineage.  The retired parcel will be retired by the newly created record.  And the duplicate parcel will be the current parcel, created by the new record.

Hope this helps

Sothea_VOEUN

@JasonCamerano Thank you so much for your ideas. Currently, I am with this research. I will bring your idea to discuss the way forward. 
Thank you.

JasonCamerano

@Sothea_VOEUNAnother suggestion is a related table if you are just wanting to maintain ownership change overtime and do not want to consistently create a new geometry.  This related table could contain the ownership information of given parcels and can be updated with new rows dictating new owners for different units.  Each row would be tied to a specific unit in a specific condominium complex.

I guess a further question I would like to ask is what are your requirements for maintaining this information? 

Sothea_VOEUN

@JasonCamerano It is still in the concept since I try to find an alternative way for progressing this work. 
Your idea has been concersidered, and we are still researching for further solutions.
Please kindly provide your email, so that we can easily contact you. Or you can find me at: voeunsothea.vst@gmail.com

AmirBar-Maor
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

@Sothea_VOEUN 

Do you mean that a parcel (condo unit) was sold multiple times without any parcel geometry changes as a 'straight transfer of ownership and you would like to see this as part of the parcel lineage?

If this is the case - could you please find a better name for this idea? Something like 'Track parcel lineage for straight transfer of ownership' or similar.

Sothea_VOEUN

Dear, @AmirBar-Maor
Thank you for your suggestion.
The stutas has been changed.
Thank you.

AmirBar-Maor
Status changed to: Under Consideration