Provide methods to select and manipulate a parcel fabric record using Python or Model Builder.

09-09-2022 04:17 PM
DeanAnderson2
Occasional Contributor II

Current Situation:  We have interactive access to the parcel fabric record and methods and also now have access using the ArcGIS API and SDK. 

Need: We do not have "programmatic" access to these methods in an ArcPro project environment.  At a minimum it would great to have the ability to access the parcel fabric manager and select (or set?) the active record.  This could be implemented using a "Tool" which could then be accessible to both the Python and Model Builder environments.

As an added bonus having tools to create, delete, and copy the record  (again accessible to Python and Model Builder) would also be very helpful.  These tools would impact not just the record but all the features linked to that record. 

Why:  The tools to interactively access and manipulate the fabric work nicely.  I have spent the last few months exploring how to use tasks to integrate these interactive tools into our workflow and found it to be just too limiting.  Tasks are great for small directed work flows.  They are just not up to the heavy lift required to support our quite varied work flow because our workflows have too many process exceptions given the transaction, type of document, the location, etc.  We have found that a "collection" of scripts and  small directed tasks gives us the best productivity.  Unfortunately, we really need access to tools to manage the parcel fabric record to work.  I have been VERY EXCITED about the ArcGIS API and am using it, but it does NOT seem to be fully integrated into our ArcPro session and ESRI staff have recommended I start meeting my needs using SDK which I am hesitant to do.  I would rather have the methods exposed as tools in an ArcPro environment making them both accessible to Python and Model Builder. 

4 Comments
AmirBar-Maor
Status changed to: In Product Plan

AmirBar-Maor
Status changed to: Implemented

Implemented in version 3.2

JasonCamerano

Hello @DeanAnderson2 

I'm happy to inform that this request has been implemented in ArcGIS Pro 3.2!

DeanAnderson2

This is so cool.  Thanks!