Change the starting point of a line within a traverse

09-16-2021 08:41 AM
AndrewWallick
Occasional Contributor

When I'm creating a parcel traverse in ArcGIS Pro, I'd like to be able to create a few lines, then create another line starting at the beginning of the traverse.This usually comes in handy when I have a curve that is only tangent from one direction.

This was possible in ArcMap, you just clicked where you wanted the line to start.

Here's an example from one of my comments on this post:

Here's the portion of the plat I'm working on. I'm traversing this parcel, starting with the lines in red. Then I get to #3, and realize the next line is a curve that I don't have a direction for (this happens all the time unfortunately). But I look down and see that the next two curve come off a straight line at a tangent.

So in ArcMap I would just start a new line of the traverse, but click on the starting point of the line back at the beginning, (following the blue arrows now).

AndrewWallick_0-1631806751639.png

In this particular parcel, I could have just gone the other direction from the start. But often, especially on more complicated parcels, it's easy to miss these curves in an initial scan. So then it's either start over, or do more complicated techniques to estimate or derive the tangent direction. In addition, some parcels have had tangent curves from two different directions, which is easiest to traverse if you can reverse the directions like you could in ArcMap.

1 Comment
AmirBar-Maor
Status changed to: Under Consideration