Zoom to Selected Feature missing in new Map Viewer?

04-22-2021 11:34 AM
DryCreekEng
Occasional Contributor

I would like to open a layer's attribute table in Map Viewer (not Classic), click on a line to highlight a feature, then click on something to zoom to that selected feature.  The "Center on Selection" option is missing in the attribute table settings menu (compared to Map Viewer Classic), and double clicking on a line like we do in good ol ArcPro or Arc Map does nothing too.  Help! 

11 Replies
Pål_Herman_Sund
Occasional Contributor II

Just noticed the same @DryCreekEng when a client asked, was not aware, and "surprised" (really that is "101" stuff) 😕

ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Yep... saw that today!  Should be fixed ASAP!

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
OliverIshmael
Occasional Contributor

You can achieve this by first using the Filter to filter the attribute table to only show the feature that you wish to zoom to, then when you click Zoom to on the layers ellipsis it will centre the map on your selection.

This can be particularly useful if you then create a bookmark to save the extent. 

0 Kudos
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

@Oliverlshmael

I don't think your suggestion is conducive for users who are using a web map or web app daily and need dynamic searches on data.

Amanda Bishop, GISP
KevinMayall
Occasional Contributor III

It has been implemented in the December 2021 ArcGIS Online update.

Kevin
DryCreekEng
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Kevin! I can't wait to check out the feature. I appreciate you including it in the update.

Natalie

0 Kudos
utenalarosa
New Contributor III

Does it work for map service or just feature layers? 

0 Kudos
DanSmith27
New Contributor III

If it was implemented in Dec 21 it's gone again.

0 Kudos
KevinMayall
Occasional Contributor III

It's there.   Screenshot attached.

Kevin