Which app to use?

Jump to solution
10-18-2021 12:15 PM
caleb-thomas-smith
New Contributor II

Hello everyone! 

I've been tasked with a project, and before I get started down any particular path I wanted to see if anyone had a recommendation on which ArcGIS Online platform/app I should use. 

I've been tasked with creating a "dashboard/website" where citizens, staff, and elected/appointed officials can track the implementation of our Department's recently approved Parks Master Plan. The plan contains many specific projects and initiatives that the Department is tasked with completing, along with some broader goals. 

I'm thinking that this will basically consist of a couple of feature layers with all of the projects and a variety of fields that describe the projects. These feature layers would then be connected to a web service that allows end-users to manipulate the data in different ways, and explore more information about particular projects. It would also display aggregate information about the plan (eg., "25% completion" or "average project completion time"). On the back-end, we would update the features whenever an update happened on a project. 

Those are the essential elements - I can imagine tying in social feeds, press releases, or other KPIs as well, depending on the platform/app we use. 

In my mind, the AGOL options that might work for this are:

• Dashboards
  • Hubs
  • Experience Builder
  • other (let me know what you think!)

Based on what I've described, does anyone have a recommendation or thoughts on which direction to go? I'm also happy to answer any questions if that would be helpful!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I believe you are on the right path.

The final client end application would be of ArcGIS Hub, which can consist of embedded apps from ArcGIS Experience Builder and ArcGIS Dashboard. Social feeds can also be linked in Hub.

You can literally create a website out of it. Add pages to your site—ArcGIS Hub | Documentation

Think Location

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I believe you are on the right path.

The final client end application would be of ArcGIS Hub, which can consist of embedded apps from ArcGIS Experience Builder and ArcGIS Dashboard. Social feeds can also be linked in Hub.

You can literally create a website out of it. Add pages to your site—ArcGIS Hub | Documentation

Think Location