Select to view content in your preferred language

Where is USA NAIP?

11-21-2018 01:03 PM
AlbertNagrama
Emerging Contributor

Hi,

I'm a #noob user from Saskatchewan, Canada. I'm working on 'Earth Imagery at Work' MOOC and I'm on Step 3 of Section 1 Exercise 2 - Vegetation Analysis with ArcGIS Online. Please somebody help coz I'm stuck! I am not able to add the layers USA NAIP Imagery: Natural Color because I can't find it. Am I missing something or what?

Thanks in advance,

Albert

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
SteveCole
Honored Contributor

Yeah, I think this is a difference between what the MOOC wanted you to load and what I was providing as an alternate. The layer as the MOOC suggests (that requires the Organizational account login) is the actual raster image, complete with access to the individual bands of the image. The link I provided is a tile cached mosaic. With that type of layer, there are no individual bands to access or manipulate.

All hope is not lost, however! The USDA NAIP also serves up some historical NAIP imagery which DOES allow access to the individual bands. Here is the top level folder for it:

Folder: NAIP_Historical 

Simply copy the URL for one of the subfolders (its based on individual states) listed and then add it to your map as I originally suggested. I think you'll be able to proceed with the MOOC's instructions from that point on.

0 Kudos
AdenaSchutzberg1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Albert,

It seems you have not yet set up your course ArcGIS credentials (user name and password needed to access ArcGIS Online and license ArcGIS Pro for Earth Imagery at Work). Please complete Sec 1 Ex 1 Accessing ArcGIS Online for this Course. Then, please complete the following exercise, Sec 1 Ex 2 Accessing ArcGIS Pro for this Course. With those done, you can tackle the exercises in Section 2!

To get further assistance for the Earth Imagery at Work MOOC, please review How to Get Help from Section 1. I've posted it below for reference:

1) Review Common Questions (Help tab of the course)
2) Search Forum (Forum tab of the course)
3) Post to Forum with hashtag (Forum tab of the course, use hashtag #needhelp for general help #arcgisprohelp for desktop software help)
4) Compose a message in the Have a Question form (Help tab of the course, provide full details including what section, what exercise, what page and a screenshot of what you see)

Adena